What is hemp?
- Fibers: used to make rope, building materials, fabric, etc.
- Seeds: toasted to make nutritious snacks, or cold pressed to make nutritious cooking oil
- Stalks: co2 extracted oil contains nutrients and chemical compounds (cannabinoids), used to make CBD supplements
Hemp vs. Marijuana
Both hemp and marijuana are types of cannabis plants. However, they are so different that they’re considered distant “cousins.”
Here are the two main differences between hemp and marijuana.
- Appearance: hemp is tall & cane-like, whereas marijuana is typically short and leafy
- Side Effect: marijuana makes you “high” when consumed, but hemp does not
What are Cannabinoids?
CBD and THC
If you search “cannabidiol” (that’s the full way to say “CBD”) in PubMed, you’ll find thousands of published studies.
Here are a few of those research topics:
- Inflammation-based Chronic Pain
- Brain Damage
- Menstrual Cramps
- & More
We encourage you to perform your own research if you’re interested in learning about CBD for a specific ailment.